Skip to main content

Helium: Best crypto for mine and stake? - I started to mine Helium

To start with a famous phrase: This is a beginning of a beautiful frie.... mining. I hope. I'm about to know more and more about those coins where staking is an option. I'd like to find those kind of project where the background is also valuable or can be valuable. For me Helium project fulfill this criteria, and that's why I decided to join to miner group and earn rewards with supporting the network. To prove my decision let me introduce for you the Helium network: 

"The Helium network is a wide-area wireless networking system, a blockchain, and a protocol token. The blockchain runs on a new consensus protocol, called the Helium Consensus Protocol, and a new kind of proof, called Proof-of-Coverage. The Miners who are providing wireless network coverage in a cryptographically verified physical location and time submit proofs to the Helium network, and the Miners submitting the best proofs are elected to an asynchronous byzantine fault tolerant consensus group at a fixed epoch." - From Helium's Whitepaper

So supporting the Helium network can be a really supportive and profitable decision knowing that also that the staking reward is also good, of course depending from the price. What I see that even now there is more than 800k routers working around the world the market is even small. I know that also competitors will arrive, but it makes only a better race for users.

Helium coverage in Europe
Helium coverage in Europe
 

You can read a lot about this project so I do not want you to get bored, so let me share my personal experience. First of all I have a very good opportunity to place a Helium router, as I have an eternal panoramic house on a mountain. I can see a whole town from this position and the device can see even more than 100km away. Earning Helium is about to have more and more witnesses and active communication between them.

Also this mining work do not require too much bandwidth or speed. I solve it with a 5BM/s microwave internet connection what is relatively cheap. Not so informative, but you can see my antenna setup here. :D

To highlight it earnings can be affected from many ways: How many witness you see, how many other router is in your grid and how many companies using Helium network actively etc.. So I'm not planning to be millionaire from this project in a week but it is a really good project to create passive income.

Especially if we count the mentioned staking possibilities also. I like to use simple things, so the earning goes from the Helium network to my Binance wallet, and I put all of the rewards to locked staking.

Why I'm doing that without realizing the profit every time? It is simple. I'm believing in crypto and also that prices will not just recover but go even higher. Earning mining reward and save it, increase it with staking rewards... hmm best choice. :)

I know that staking rewards for Helium can change, but let's see how much you can earn. Of course you do not need to mine, you can just buy Helium and put it to locked staking.

Let's see the numbers.

I place here Binance locked-staking reward value from this time when I write this article, but please click here to check the real-time numbers if you read this article... hmm 40 years later for example ;)

Of course earnings as I mentioned will depends on coin price and network coverage, so I paste here also my first month result, but I'll come back after a year and we will check the exact numbers after it.





Comments